Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Better Place

The way you look at me,


It's like a stranger.


You say you don't understand how it got this bad.


You tell me you don't think it's worth it anymore.


I should have protested then,


I should have said something, anything!


I remember your last touch,


Your sad eyes as you turned away from me.


If I could find you now,


I'd tell you how different it is now.


How different I am now.


But I know.


You've found a better place.


Your dreams are being played out before your eyes,


When before I held you back.


Your eyes are dry now.


The tears are gone.


They left when I was thrown out of your life.


Forgive me for being jealous,


But you were the best thing to happen to me.


And I loved you,


Still love you,


Even with the knowledge of being the worst thing to happen to you.


My life will never be the same without you.


As yours will never be without me.


You're in a better place now.


And I hope you find everything you deserve.


Even if that everything doesn't include me.










No comments:

Post a Comment